Monday, February 3, 2014

Those who refused....

Embarassment. Lack of interest. Wrong moment. Indecision.
Some people do not want to be photographed, or interviewed. Here are the ones who didn't:


1. A man. "Facebook is the ruin of everything. I refuse to be photographed and have my face put on it."
2. A woman: "It's not the right day, I have to think about it. I'm always here, you can find me here another day."
3. A woman "No, not me."
4. A woman "I would have done it if it had been a while ago. Too many tragedies in my family."(then, she told me of the terrible things that had happened in her family, and our conversation became very personal - she was an extremley pleasant person)."I am not in the mood, not now, to "appear".
5. (Two women) "No, this is a workplace, it's not correct that we are photographed from a professional viewpoint."
6. An elderly woman, "No, look at me, I can't do it, I am run-down, have had health problems (pointing to her neck). A couple of years ago I would have said ok, but not now."
7. A WHOLE GROUP of people in a waiting room at the doctors:
A woman "I have three children and no job, no, I can't do it, plus I don't look right today".
A man " I don't even have a computer, no, I don't want to have my picture taken. Everything is going so wrong nowadays, no....."
A woman (grandmother with child)"No, no"(shaking her head while smiling)
A woman "No, I don't want to appear anywhere"
8. A woman...who turned out to be a policewoman (not in uniform). smiling..."I don't think I could do it, I usually like to be friendly and open but I really couldn't do it for professional reasons. I don't believe that I should appear in something like this. But thanks for talking and asking, I enjoyed that."
9. A woman. "No, I really don't like to show myself, because I am afraid to let people know too much about me. I don't like the idea."
10. A woman. (just her expression said "No")
11. A whole group of men who said no! I learned something today, if you approach a group of people and no one says yes, then the whole group will be a "no" group. That is what happened today. I even have one younger guy want to take a walk with me. I tried to convince him to open up, and he politely said that he was very reserved. So, no one, after talking with this group for over ten minutes, said yes. I won't waste my time with a group again, I will approach two or three people, it's better.
12, A group of people in the gym, mostly women. No, no. Nobody wanted to appear, to be shown, dressed for the gym, working out.
13. At the warehouse, one man was easily photographed, the other just lit a cigarette and smiled.
14. RAINING TODAY....and when it rains, people aren't ready to be bothered. They don't want to have to think and do something different, like pose for a picture. LOTS of excuses (and then later, 6 people let me photograph them). Here the rainy-day excuses:
A woman: my feet are really wet, if I stop I will feel cold. Can't.
15.A large group of men. NO. One got up, one shook his head, one continued to read the paper. One said "You can't expect this kind of group to do something like that." (I was in where they play that old game Bocce, with the balls in a court that have to hit one another.)
16. A man in a music store. "No, my friend had trouble on facebook and I don't want to get involved."
17. His wife, just turned away.
18. A girl in the gym: AND THIS IS THE BEST AND MOST VALUABLE NO I HAVE HEARD SO FAR..."I think it is better to be discreet, and not have to want to show yourself. It is a matter of being inward and reflective." That sounds pretty good to me. Young girl, deep mind and convinced. NIce.
19. All I know, there were lots more NO's today. I can hardly remember them....on yes...
A woman. No, really, I can't be photographed like this, with these wrinkles!?
20.A man. No, I'm too old...you know I am almost 90?
21.A group of women finishing their gym class. No, and they just kept walking. Groups are no good for getting yeses (yes's?)a
22.Today Wednesday and a real NO day. Luckily I got four yeses, without trying too hard at all.
A woman, "I don't have much for sale today, not many items." "I need to photograph people, it doesn't matter". "No, I really can't"
23.Man. "No, it's not the right thing that I let someone photograph me. It's not good for me to do that."
24.A young woman. "No, I never like to be photographed at all. I just don't like it, don't have pictures taken of me."
25.A woman, "That man, he'll do it, not me, no, no....."
26. In the mini metro, two women and a man. The women, no, didn't touch the subject much. The man went on and on, about it not being the right time, that he was in a bad mood lately. Turned out that we left the metro together and had a long talk, all the way up to the center. He could have posed for me in all the time, and he certainly had a lot to say!!"
27. Two women, middle aged, they may think about it another day.
28. Man, elderly, on bicycle. He said on Tuesday he'd be available. I told him to look for me with the camera (there are usually about fifteen or so bikes going around and around, difficult to find him for sure!)
29. A young man. "I'm timid". I like privacy.
30. A man. "You'd have to talk to the boss, but no, I don't think so."
31. A woman. "Come back when my daughter is here, she works on these days....Me, no, but my daughter yes."
32. In the gym, group of guys. "No, I can't." Etc, etc.....
33. Elderly woman "No, I have too many problems. My daughter is ill, my husband is ill."
34. Woman, "No, I never like my picture taken, never. Come on Wednesday my son is here he will do it."
35. Man, "No, I'm not good looking." "WHat do you mean, you are nice looking great eyes!" "Well, come back another day, I have to go out now but come back."
36. On a rainy day lots of people said no. Women especially, but also long-faced men.
37. A woman said, why not! Then, as we spoke I saw that she dreamed up some excuse, that she was at work (selling vegetables).
38. A young lovely girl said she would, then she wouldn't. She was so unsure of herself it seemed, and of not knowing what it all meant. I didn't insist but I think she probably really wanted to do it, but just wasn't able to get herself to say yes.
39. One man said he wanted to have his special work jacket for the picture. I said I would return.







No comments:

Post a Comment